First off – Hi! If your here I assume you love reading as much as I do!
Lets start from the beginning… Why did I start book blogging?
Because I love books of course! And I love to discuss them. Although I have a few friends who like to read, I sometimes find it hard to in-depth discuss the books I like due to taste differences and other reasons… which is why I created my blog The Book Slayer.
I have read many books and have many favorites, some you can see over at Goodreads. However, I owe my love of reading to Mrs. J.K. Rowling, she lit the flame within me and introduced me to the magical possibilities the literary world contains.
It’s important that you know that I in no way get nor want to get paid for writing reviews. The reviews I write are my way of not only helping to promote various authors but also to encourage discussion between myself and other book-lovers.
I’m definitely not a professional reviewer. I don’t have an English or journalism degree. Although sometimes I might dig a bit deeper and analyze a book, mostly my “reviews” are my attempt to convey my thoughts and feelings towards a book. I try to keep it organized but sometimes my posts contain ramblings or grumblings.
Although I will personally rate each book with my own rating system; I in no way will bash or badmouth a book or author. What I publish is strictly my opinion and I respect that others may view things differently. I aim to post truthful reviews that are based out of my own observation and reading experience.
Book Formats Accepted:
- ARCS (Edited)
- Digital (epubs)
- Physical copies
- I’m mainly interested in books that fall in the Young Adult *fiction* category but will consider New Adult *fiction*. These books can be paranormal romance, supernatural, fantasy, Dystopian, dark fantasy, contemporary and so forth. Depending on the title I may also read/review non-supernatural books or sci-fi as long as they’re in the YA/NA fiction category.
- Although I don’t mind a bit of thrill in a YA or NA; I don’t like horror books. I also don’t review self-help books or adult romances.
- If you’re not sure which category your book falls in, please feel free to contact me.
Where the reviews end up:
- Barnes & Noble
- ? (another place you might want)
Please note: that I won’t review every book I receive. If I can’t finish the book it wont receive my review. This rarely happens but I just wanted it known.
Review Requests – Request:
- In the subject line of the email please include (Review Request: TITLE HERE).
- In message please give me a synopsis, book cover image (if there is one).
- Also please include various links such as Author’s website, book website, Goodreads, and so forth. (I won’t go exploring).
- When given ARCS I’ll aim to have a review ready before the publication date and therefore I ask that I’m given at least a month from received time to publication date. (There can however be exceptions, email me with the details.)
- I’m happy to host a blog tour stop by featuring a book review, interview, giveaway, etc. for an upcoming novel or even an already-published novel as long as it’s review-able (see above*).
If you want to contact Lauren, send her a message via our contact form!
Please note: If you send me a request and I can tell you clearly have read my policy I will reply to you with a yes or no within 1-3 days. I don’t respond to mass-requests.